The San Benito High School College and Career Center has developed a list of scholarship opportunities to make the scholarship search easier. It is recommended that students use scholarship search engines (some are listed below) to find additional opportunities. Visit the scholarship site of the specific colleges you are applying to for those colleges’ scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship Application Tips
*Do not be afraid to apply for scholarships. Donors select recipients based upon many different criteria.
*Invest time in preparing your application and essays. Remember, you want the scholarship donor to invest in you.
*Make certain that your application is accurate, complete, and error-free.
*Follow instructions closely and provide all information that is requested.
*Be aware of deadlines. Complete your application with plenty of time to submit your application.
Apply for Boston University's merit-based scholarships.
- Trustee Scholarship – Boston University's most prestigious full-tuition scholarship recognizes extraordinary academic performance and leadership ability. Students must submit one additional essay with their application for admission.
- Presidential Scholarship – This four-year, $25,000 scholarship is awarded to students with exceptional academic achievements. No additional application materials are required—all students need to do to be considered is apply for admission by the scholarship deadline.
It’s payday. But why does my paycheck seem a little off?
For many students, this is a common question -- and often a mystery.
To help, we put together a guide that explains the different parts of a pay stub. It demystifies all those confusing numbers and is perfect for students new to employment.
Make sure your students know how to read their pay stub. Share our guide with them by adding it to any resource listings or helpful links pages that your school maintains.
Scholarship Name: OppU Achievers Scholarship
Award Amount: $2,500
Eligibility: High school seniors, college students, graduate students; cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0; U.S. citizen or resident
Deadline: December 31, March 31, June 30, and September 30
To Apply: Students submit a short response to the question "What makes you an achiever?"
- Deadline: December 13, 2019
- Amount: $1,000 scholarship to use toward education expenses
- How to apply: Write or produce/film a well-crafted elevator pitch explaining why you would be an ideal hire for the job of your dreams.
- Criteria: Entrants must be graduating 2020 high school seniors or enrolled undergraduate students actively pursuing a business-related degree at a university, community college, or technical college located in Texas.
- Application and more information: https://business.frontier.com/blog/pitch-yourself-earn-a-1000-scholarship/
- Why we are offering this scholarship: As a provider of customized high-speed business internet and phone solutions, Frontier Business genuinely cares about the success of students and the business community. We want to do all that we can to help offset costs and serve as a resource for the business leaders of tomorrow.
- Arizona State University
- Centre College
- Denison University
- Franklin & Marshall College
- MSU Texas
- Northwestern University
- Ohio Wesleyan University
- Rice University
- Southern Methodist University
- Stanford University
- University of Tampa
- University of Virginia
For the second consecutive year, H-E-B will award 15 high school seniors who participated in UIL competitions with a $2,000 scholarship in recognition of their community service and involvement in their communities. Please have any applicants who meet the criteria below submit their application to SportsInAction.com by no later than Feb. 14, 2020:
- Minimum 3.3 GPA
- Number of Community Service Hours completed in the last 12 months
- Community Service Verification Letters to document the number of hours submitted
- A Letter of Recommendation
- A Short Essay (500 words or less) on the topic: “What does Community mean to you?”
There will be 15 total winners – 5 each in music, academics and athletics – and each will be awarded $2,000 from H-E-B. An announcement of the winners will be March 14, 2020.
More information on the scholarship can be found here: http://www.sportsinaction.com/scholarship/
VAMOS ScholarshipThis scholarship was made for high school seniors from Hidalgo, Starr and Cameron County. To qualify, students must:
- Be a high school senior in Hidalgo, Starr or Cameron County graduating in the spring
- Be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident with a Social Security Number. Permanent residents must have lived in Hidalgo, Starr or Cameron County for five consecutive years
- Be enrolled as a full-time student for four academic years at a U.S. accredited college or university
- Have a GPA of at least 80/100 or 2.5/4.0 and/or rank in the top 30% of their graduating high school class
- Have met the minimum SAT or ACT score requirements for the student’s college or university of choice
- Students must be eligible for Pell Grant