About The Center
HOUNDS ARE COLLEGE BOUND!
San Benito HS College & Career Center
The SBHS College & Career Center is dedicated to provide information and guidance to students related to college admissions, financial aid, scholarships, and opportunities for earning college credit while in high school. The Center is located by the new entrance of SBHS and ready to serve all of our great students.
Services that we provide:
- Guidance and assistance with college application process
- Guidance and assistance with university and college, online, business, civic, and local scholarship applications
- Provide our students with testing dates and registration information for college entrance and placement exams such as: SAT, SAT Subject, ACT, and TSI
- Coordinate and conduct on-site testing opportunities for our students including SAT, SAT Subject, ACT, and TSI exams
- Register our students for PSAT testing, then coordinate and conduct PSAT test administration
- Register our students for Advanced Placement testing, then coordinate and conduct Advanced Placement test administration
- Assist our students and parents to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and (TASFA) Texas Application for State Financial Aid
- Assist our students and parents with obtaining an FSA ID (Electronic signature) for FAFSA transmission
- Coordinate college, university, and military recruitment visits to the SBHS campus
- Coordinate the Dual Enrollment program and Early College Academy